Site news

Parking, Pick up and Drop off

Picture of Anthoney Rempel
Parking, Pick up and Drop off
by Anthoney Rempel - Thursday, 19 January 2017, 6:32 PM

Good day to you all! I am posting this photo as a reminder to all adults who are dropping off or picking up students before or after school. As I observe the parking lot and loop area on a daily basis, one of the biggest safety concerns I have is occurring when people leave their vehicles unattended in the loop area. This creates numerous problems, often resulting in traffic backing up onto Pacific Way, as vehicles cannot get past those cars or trucks who end up blocking the passage and flow of traffic. If you need to leave your vehicle to get your child, please park in one of the upper lots or on the street. This will require planning on your part as well, perhaps meaning that you would need to arrive at school 10-15 minutes before dismissal at 2:30. If your child is older, another suggestion would be to plan to pick them up at 2:45, so that you are arriving when the main traffic is already dispersing. Please also tell your children not to walk across the loop area for any reason, and that would also mean even if you are walking with them. I am going to continue to monitor this issue and will continue to look for solutions. Please know that if I approach you in the loop or parking area that my solitary purpose is to keep everyone safe. As the weather improves, I suspect that there are a number of you who live close enough to school that you could simply walk to school to pick up your child. Thank you for your consideration and cooperation with this!parking sign