First of All - A Thank you to Parents:
- Thank you to Diane Henry (Jaxon & Bailey's Mom) and their sister Madison for organizing Halloween for Hunger. Some of the older student's went door-to-door on Halloween to collect food items for the Kamloops Food Bank. Together, Pacific Way collected 796 pounds of food! Amazing - Great giving everyone!
- Thank you to Michelle & Lorne Finney (Grace's parents) for taking care of the changing of our outdoor school sign. Every little bit of communication helps to keep everyone organized. Thanks Lorne & Michelle.
- Thanks to ALL PARENTS for making it possible for our PAC to buy a Smart Board for every single classroom (except for the Kindergarten's) at Pacific Way. What we have accomplished together is unheard of in any other school in our district. Every slice of pizza, every Entertainment Book, every QSP magazine order - all of the different fundraisers that you have supported at our school the last couple of years has allowed us to reach our goal. Thanks to every one of you! We did it!
Cold Weather Notes:
- If the weather is too cold, students are allowed to stay inside at lunch for quiet activities.
Also, I just went through my girls bookshelves and gave a ton of books to Jordyn's teacher. If you have any gently used books that your children are finished with, please send them to school for your child's classroom. Even if they are at a lower reading level than your child's classroom, the teacher's will pass them on down to the other classrooms. Thanks for considering.
- Cold Weather Clothing:
- Now that the cold weather has hit, please remember to send your child to school with appropriate outdoor wear.
- It also helps to write a name inside mitts, toques, jackets etc. as lockers are sometimes overflowing and items get kicked around on the floor. Labelling makes it easier to track items down in the lost and found.
Dates to Remember:
- Friday, November 26th - Report Card Day
- Thursday, December 2nd - Pick up Frozen Food orders at the school between 2:30 and 5:30 - Please remember because we don't have a big freezer to store them in!
- Friday, December 3rd - Early Dismissal for Parent Teacher Interviews - Contact your child's teacher if you would like to meet with her/him.
- Monday, December 6th - NO School
- Wednesday, December 8th - Afternoon Christmas Concert 1:00
- Thursday, December 9th - Night time Christmas Concert 6:30 - Doors open just after 6:00.